Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just Ducky..


We spent the day at the Blount Cultural Park.  It is one of our favorite places to go here.  There are a ton of ducks, geese, turtles and birds.  There is also an art museum and Shakespeare garden with flowers and herbs mentioned in his plays.  It is a restful, beautiful, and fun place to hang out in the middle of Montgomery.  We had a picnic then fed the ducks.

 The boy eats a sub like corn on the cob. He takes little bites all along the side of the sandwich.
He is too funny.


This man was playing the Saxophone.  He was wonderful.  He played "When you wish upon a star,"  "Favorite Things," and several other soothing songs.  The boys favorite one was The Pink Panther theme, whatever that is called.  



My son, the duck whisperer.  
It was starting to look like Hitchcock's "The Birds"




They found some ducklings.
Don't worry, they were reunited with their mom.  Even though I really wanted to put them in my pocket.  They were so sweet. 

 
I always miss Alaska when I see Canadian Geese.  





This is a thatched-roofed pavilion where outdoor performances are held.

Part of the Shakespeare garden with names and quotes  about flowers from different plays.

I am in love with this rosemary hedge.  I have to learn how to grow Rosemary this bushy and big.  I can not tell you how heavenly it smelled.  The hedge was 3 feet tall and at least 10 feet long.  Beautiful!


We had such a nice time and really enjoyed the whole day.
Part 2 will be posted tomorrow.  A girl can only type so much!
Have a great day.







No comments: