Monday, June 1, 2009

Rings of fire

Love is a burning thing
And it makes
A fiery ring
Bound by wild desire
I fell into a ring of fire
I fell into a burnin' ring of fire
I went down down down
And the flames went higher
And it burns, burns, burns
The ring of fire, the ring of fire

Your welcome.  You can always count on me to get songs stuck in your head.

We got up at 5 am, had a cuppa coffee and went to work.

Lee wanted to get the fires going while the ground was still  wet and it was early.  We knew they would burn a long time.

The piles lit up lightening fast.  It was a relief to get it done.  Not only to get the piles out of the way but also to decrease the danger of them lighting up all on their own.  

We let the piles burn all day.  We kept raking in the coals and raking between the piles to get the whole area cleaned up.   It started looking better.

and better.




And we could finally see the driveway again.  Then when we were just about done,I had to take a trip to the ER.  My baby broke his arm.  We are going to an orthopedic surgeon this morning to see if he needs surgery.  Say a little prayer.  To be continued.








No comments: