Thursday, June 11, 2009

Make her stop.


Growing that is.  

My "baby" had her 12 th Birthday yesterday.  12.  

Do you know what that means?  I have 1 more year until she is a teenager.  ONE.

Help me.

Just kidding.  Kind of.  

I have treasured watching her grow from a 4 pound 5 oz. little monkey to a 85 pound pre-teen who steals my clothes.  

She has been a blessing from the day she was born.  She has the most caring and gentle spirit. She is smart, funny, empathetic and has the most beautiful soul.  She touches my heart and makes me so proud.  I am a better person because of her.

That does  not stop me from teasing her relentlessly.  I bought her this T-shirt and told her it was all we could get her for her birthday.  I wrapped it in newspaper and made a cheesy home-made card to go with it.  
Hee, hee, hee.  It has a picture of a little girl hitting a little boy over the head with a club.  Then it says; "Caution, Prone to mood swings."  Hilarious.  I really had her going for a minute. 

Her big present is going to see Miley Cyrus in concert in October.  I made her go on a hunt to gather post-it notes spread out all over the house.  Each note had one word on it and she had to piece all the words back together to find out what her present was.  This tortured her immensely but entertained us greatly.

Her favorite present had to be the photo above.  We made it into a large poster for her to put in her room.  This is her very good friend M.  They are soul mates.  They should be sisters.  I am still trying to convince M's mom to move on our land with us and start a commune.  We just love them.

Happy Birthday, Pumpkin.






No comments: