Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My ears have been violated


I took Lex to a Jonas Brothers concert over the weekend. A very nice lady from our home school group had a family emergency and could not use them so she gave them to us. This was Lexie's first concert. We had a lot of fun together but I don't think my ears will ever be the same.


The arena we went to has a seating capacity of 13,000. Every seat was filled with screaming girls. I have never experienced such horror in all my life. I am now deaf and will forever communicate via e-mail and blogging.



It was a pretty neat concert. The Jonas Brothers had a lot of interesting effects like a trampoline, a bridge that rose up and flew over the audience while they sprayed water or confetti or something, and it rained on one of the stages. They even played "Sweet Caroline" for us old fogies. I felt bad that Lex did not have another pre-teen girl to scream and dance with, so I did my best to act like one. I don't think she'll ever go out in public with me again.







I enjoyed acting like I was 12 again and embarrassing my daughter. Eventually, maybe my hearing will come back but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: