Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Settling In........






This move has been amazing.  We saw so many neat animals on the way. We stopped along the way and had a lot of fun.  We were able to see family and friends we had missed so much during our tour in Alaska.  I could not have asked for a better trip.  It took us over 5,000 miles (with all the visits and stops) and a month and a half to move and find a new home.  We found a property that is settled on 3 acres with 27 more up for sale.  We plan on buying as much as we can.  I can not tell you how peaceful and serene it is here.  The area is beautiful and the people are so nice.   I ran across a great deal and was able to buy 3 Nigerian Dwarf Goats.  The two adult females may be pregnant.  The white one is Ellie and the grey one is May.  The baby is May's kid and her name is Sassy.  I did not name them, they came with names. lol.. Hopefully, I can start milking them in April when they should Kidd.  We plan on using the milk for soap, cheese and dairy needs.  We also acquired 3 new pets several weeks ago.  Cody adopted two cats from the local shelter.  They were named Jamie and Keri after two close family friends.  Brandon Adopted an English bulldog/German Shepherd mix and named him Mikey.   We have so many animals now. lol.. Next, we plan on getting Maran chickens and a few horses.  I guess then, our property can officially be called a "Hobby Farm."  We are truly happy here.  We definitely miss Alaska, especially the snow and the Northern lights this time of year, but I think we will enjoy our time here and make a lot of great memories.  If I have learned anything during this move it is that God knows what he is doing. I did not want to move and thought I would hate it here. When we stop being stubborn and actually listen with an open heart, we will be blessed beyond measure.  Bless you and your family during this holiday Season.  I hope you find something to be truly grateful for.  

No comments: